Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Younger folks

Depends on the individual. Today younger folks don't seem to be comfortable with the word "transvestite" (I think it's because it sounds too old fashioned or maybe it's not longer PC). It's been sooo long time (years I would say) since I heard "transvestite" uttered from anyone's mouth and that's saying alot for anyone who's been working at a bustling gay night club for a decade (my position = security guard). The club where I'm working at offers various drag shows nightly. Plus I have a couple of close friends - one lives as a woman 24/7.. she likes to call herself "woman" even though she's pre-op and another friend only dresses up as a woman to perform for the shows, etc.. he calls himself "female impersonator" to straight folks and "drag queen" to gays. The other night, I ran into a woman who called herself a "transgender".. she corrected me after I used the word "transexual".. . GEEZ! Again, it depends on the individual.

I just felt like using "transvestite" when bringing up 13 Moons.. it just felt right using that word which I remember was more used back in the 70s.

But personally I dont give a fuck about PC or terms, etc. The last thing I want to do is to offend anyone on this forum or anywhere.. I intend to do whatever to stay respectable to everyone.

Langlois, thanks. I will look for the DVD today.

No comments:

Post a Comment